Safety Management Systems (SMS) Course
A Safety Management System is a systematic approach to managing safety. It includes the necessary organisational structure, accountabilities, policies and processes that any company needs to have in place as a key to its overall success.
Deal Alliance has developed this 5 day SMS course in line with ICAO’s safety management requirements which now apply to:
- Air Traffic Service Providers
- Design and manufacturing organisations,
- Aerodrome operators,
- Maintenance organisations,
- Air operators, including
- Aviation Training Organisations that are exposed to safety risks related to aircraft operations during the provisions of the services for flight activities.
The course is designed for Safety Personnel who are or will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Safety Management Systems (SMS) within the context of CARs Part 140 and associated CATs.
Aim of the training course:
The aim of the aviation SMS course is to provide the participant with the necessary knowledge, skills and aptitude in developing, implementing and managing a SMS, as well as measuring its performance in a medium to large aviation company.
Four general requirements underpinning this course are;
- Safety Policy
- Safety risk management
- Safety assurance
- Safety Promotion
- Fundamental safety principles and concepts
- Hazard identification concepts and safety reporting requirements
- Risk Mitigation
- State safety management responsibilities
- Safety Data collection, analysis, exchange and protection
- Implementation and administration of a SMS
- Development of Safety Performance Indicators and target setting
- Human Factors and communication
- Integration with other management management systems
“Flying is a discipline, Safety is an attitude.”
Duration: 5 Days with Deal Alliance examination and SA CAA approved certification.